Remember this Q/A from last week?
This week Andrew Bevan gives you some valuable advice. Read on »
1. What is the best part of working with Mary Kate Steinmiller?
Mary Kate is a team player and works incredibly hard but manages to keep a smile on her face and stay positive. She has so much passion and vision for this magazine—it’s contagious.
2. What is the best advice you can offer those that want to break into the fashion industry?
Work hard and never have an idea of what it means to be an editor, stylist, designer, model etc. Preconceived notions will ruin you. Also always turn your weakest assets into your strongest, it will help you stand apart from the crowd!
3. What piece of fashion advice do you live by?
Always look good when you’re traveling.
4. What are your three travel essentials?
I always need copious amounts of magazines, my iPad (with cheesy TV shows and movies downloaded), a new playlist on my iPod and my oversized cashmere Chanel scarf.
5. Finish the sentence! I wear my T with… a blazer mostly. I think it’s the most effortless and chic look that anyone can wear.
6. A classic stripe T or a classic white T?
I regrettably was a huge fan of novelty tees in the late 90s and before that logo Ts. Thankfully I outgrew that phase of my life and I’ve learned to embrace the power of the classic white T. It can take you anywhere.
7. What is your favorite StyleMint T?
I think the Camden Colorblock is a very interesting T that I haven’t really seen around. Its great because you can really dress it up or down.